Friday, November 18, 2011

Here We Go!

As a new blogger, I am quite excited to start expressing  myself in a whole new way! I have recently discovered that writing is an amazing way for me to let off some steam and relax. Rest assured though, my blogs will NOT be filled with non-sense ranting... maybe just a little bit of what really gets under my skin.. but my goal is to post more good things than bad things. I want to bring light to my blessings and get rid of the bad. If I post something that is bothering me, it will be a way to let go and relieve myself of the burden.

Now that that is out of the way, I am Matalin, a Freshman at Indiana University. I turned 19 on October 21, though many still don't believe I am over 15. I am 5'3 with curly brown hair. I would like to think that I am a good a Christian, just trying to make it through the many trials that are laid down before me. As I blog, I am sure you will read about a few of the very influential people in my life. I can not see describing myself without mentioning them. My mother is an amazing woman. She is the strongest person I have ever met and I pray to someday develop her strength, courage, and pure kindness. She has been through so much, and she has helped me pull through a lot of trials as well, always turning towards our Lord. My sister is also a large structure in my life. Though her and I have taken different paths in our own lives, she continues to hold my hand through tough times. Just as when we were little girls, she is always standing up for me and protecting me from harm. Lastly, my boyfriend, Daniel, will likely be in most of my blogs (sorry dear;). Even though we are separated by 3 and a half hours, he is my support system. He has stood by me through this very rough transition from childhood to adulthood- high school to college. Even though I have hit some major bumps on my journey, he has not complained once. This man is amazing.

I have a passion for the medical field. I am currently a pre-nursing major facing the many stresses, which any nursing student can relate to, of attaining and maintaining straight A's in order to even be considered to be one of the 60 accepted nursing students out of the 200+ applicants each year. The course load is rough and my free time is limited, but that just comes with the environment, doesn't it? I also have a strong passion for the French language. I adore the pure elegance of the language and the ability to confuse my family by speaking in it occasionally! :) In the free time that I do have, I love to spend time on Skype with my friends from back home, relaxing in bed with a good book, or watching my favorite TV shows: Private Practice, House, and Gossip Girl.

Only 4 more days until I can head home for Thanksgiving break. Missing you, Mom♥

No comments:

Post a Comment